Thursday, December 17, 2009

12 Days of Christmas!

Years ago my mom started doing the 12 Days of Christmas for each of my siblings and I. It was something even as an adult I looked forward to and have enjoyed! I have also watched my mom and how much she has enjoyed doing it for us. I decided I wanted the joy of giving and so Jeron and I decided to start doing it for our kids.
When I was little my grandma always made a pair of pajamas for each of the grand kids. It was the one gift we got to open on Christmas Eve. When Jaxon was little I talked my mom into starting the same tradition for HER grand kids! I am so sneaky! The whole pajama thing was another tradition I wanted to start with our kids. I am lazy and didn't make them (maybe next year!) so we started out our 12 Days this year with PJ's for the kids!
I wrapped days 1-5 and put them under the tree. I had so much fun listening to my kids! They divided all the presents into days and then went to feeling each one to guess what it was. I had to laugh when Jaxon and Connor came in so proud of themselves that they had figured out day 4 was deodorant for them! The really funny part was they weren't bummed that it was deodorant!
So this year they are getting double days and feeling very spoiled! Grammy is doing really fun things like coloring books and crayons while mom and dad are sticking to the practical like underwear and socks, but they don't seem to care! It really is getting the true spirit of Christmas going early in our house this year. Last night Jaxon and Connor got their deodorant and Porter got chap stick and was feeling very bummed about not being big. Jaxon went and got an older almost gone deodorant and gave it to Porter so he didn't feel so left out!
Thanks, Mom, for starting this tradition and helping me to keep the Christmas spirit alive in my own home!

1 comment:

Becky said...

What a fun tradition! That's a great way to get the necessities without opening them on christmas morning.