Thursday, September 8, 2011

Memorial Day 2011

Last year on Memorial Day weekend we went to Idaho for a Family Reunion. We did a mini tour of Southern Idaho! One of the stops that we made was Shoshone Falls. Soon after we lost my Grandma and then just 3 months after that we lost my Grandpa. I made a decision that I wanted to take my family back every year on Memorial Day weekend. We were starting a new family tradition! I cannot express enough my gratitude to my husband for supporting me in this! He went above and beyond to make this happen for me.




First we stopped at my grandparents house. I was amazed at how much this meant to my kids. The pictures in front of the house were their idea.







This trip we also went to the "Twin Falls" I think it is ironic that one of the falls that a whole city is named after hasn't been a "falls" for like forever!





Makes for a good picture though!


This is a picture of the Shoshone Falls 2011


This is a picture of the Shoshone Falls 2010


2011

I thought the falls were impressive last year! Holy Cow! But with more water comes more people! We sat in our car in line for 20 minutes. It took us FOREVER to find a parking space. But it was sooo... worth it!

I am so grateful for the example of my grandparents. For all the things they taught me. But mostly I am grateful for all the time they spent with me. I know they are watching over me the same way they always have.

1 comment:

Ang said...

You were so close to us but we didn't get to see you! We love Twin Falls and the Shoshone Falls are beautiful! That was a lot of posts in one day....I bet your fingers are tired with all the typing! Good job though and keep it up - I've missed reading!