Monday, July 20, 2009

Baby Girl Holdaway!

For those of you that don't know I am the oldest of three girls and one boy. In fact on my mom's side of the family there are alot more girls then boys. Even Jeron comes from a family of mostly girls. So when I had Jaxon I was kind of surprised! And then I went on to have two more boys it was kind of like a miracle! I had all three boys before my sister Abby had any kids so it wasn't as big of a surprise when she started out with a boy and then went on to have two more! What is really funny to me is that Abby didn't have any faith in the pattern that had been set forth before her and was just sure she was having baby boy number four. At her ultra sound they had to tell her like a million times that it really was a girl! I don't think she believed it until Daryl came home with a really cute dress for the baby! She is even coming around to the idea of PINK EVERY THING!
Baby Girl Holdaway joined the family Friday July 17 at about 1:30 in the afternoon. She weighed in at 7lbs 2oz and is adorable! It took a little longer to come up with her name then it has ever taken them before but when they did they knew it was right! She is Kami Jane Holdaway!

Easton has been so excited for his baby sister to get here. From the moment they told him he was going to be a big brother he would ask Abby, "The baby coming yet?" And when Abby would say not yet he would always come back with, "Too long mommy, too long!" I'm not sure I have ever seen any of Abby's boys as excited as they were on Friday! Their bodies were not big enough to hold it and they were bouncing off the walls! It was so cute and fun to see them so excited for their baby sister to be here!


When Jeron's sister Ashley had her baby in February we were all sick and didn't want to take that to a brand new baby so we didn't get to see Thomas until he made a trip to Salt Lake. When Jeron's other sister Alicia had her baby in April I was feeling a little off and so I didn't get to hold her when we went to the hospital to see her and I didn't even remember my camera to take pictures! So when I realized Jeron was going to be as Scout Camp with my van when Abby had the baby I was a little upset! I really didn't want to have to wait to see her! I had done enough waiting and we all know patients is not one of my strong points! But my sweet sister Megan made sure I got down to American Fork.

You look wonderful Abby and she is beautiful! Oh, and good luck with the pepto explosion!

4 comments:

Becky said...

She is very cute. I'm glad you got to go and see her. We've found that life gets so busy that the special extra things sometimes have to wait :) I also hate waiting

Tammy said...

As crazy as this sounds because I have never met your sister but I think that we are in the same ward!

Tarey Cornia said...

Congrats to Abby and family. She is so darling. I understand how you feel. I felt like Ryder was never going to get here and I could hardly wait...I was worse than Hunter and Shae.

Mitch & Sarah said...

She is so cute!!! I'm so excited for them!!