Monday, August 3, 2009

The First War Wound!

Okay, when I first found out I was having a boy I was completely against football and MY boys were never going to play! At least that is what I said! I had a husband who played and when we got married my little brother-in-law was playing and played all the way through high school, but that didn't mean mine had to play, right? As the boys grew we didn't push (does anyone know how hard that was for Jeron? He is such a good dad!) and then the older Porter got the more we knew HE was MADE for football! So I started preparing my self. It was coming, and some how I knew I would be okay. And then out of no place Jaxon decides he wants to play! We knew we couldn't do both this year and so Jaxon being the oldest got first dibs. Monday and Tuesday was a camp put on by the high school. Starting Wednesday was "tryouts" and the real work began!
Wednesday night he comes home with this. And THIS would be the reason I didn't want my boys to play! It happened while someone was trying to tackle him, and you know what he didn't go down! He has never said once "Can I quit?" He is at the point that he thinks he isn't going to do it next year, but I think that will change.

He is exhausted! And having to leave camp on Friday to come back down was hard. His arm hurts and his knee was really bugging him, but he kept on going!


He is even starting to look like a football player! Keep up the good work, I am proud of you Jaxon! I am even really okay with you playing, I promise!

1 comment:

Alicia said...

You know with this family there really was no hope of avoiding :)