Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Alot Can Happen In Two Years!

On Saturday March 28th my cousin Jake Schauerhamer got home from his mission to the Philippines, Quezon City Mission! Jake was more then a cousin to our family. I got to baby sit him quite a bit when he was little. He was more like a nephew then a cousin. My aunt Penny (his mom) was how Jeron and I met! He has always been good with kids and my kids have always loved him. And then when my brother left on his mission he became more like an uncle then a cousin. My brother was the third missionary to leave between Jeron and my siblings and no one had come home yet. Connor was convinced that when people left on missions they never came home again so Taylor leaving was really hard, and Jake stepped right in and became the uncle!When Jake left we didn't know just how much things were going to change while he was gone! Boy do I love e-mail! We got to send him a very fun message that our family was growing! He probably thought it was an April fools joke (because that is something he would do!) if it had been anywhere near April 1st!
I had so much fun watching Jake and Maycie meet! It was love at first sight for both! We are so glad you are home safe Jake!




No comments: