Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Maycie Update!

Okay, it is time for another update on our baby girl! At our last physical therapy appointment our P.T. (physical therapist) decided that Maycie had hit a plateau with her neck so we had to start using what is called a collar. Our P.T. had mentioned this to me a few weeks before but hadn't mentioned it at our last couple of appointments. I was really hoping that we weren't going to have to do it. As any normal mom I do not like things around my babies necks! But I think I have been down right freaky about things around Maycie's neck. I think it is because of the cord across her neck during her delivery. So having to do the collar really sent me for a loop! I am doing much better with it now. She is actually doing really well with it, and she only has to where it a couple of times of day for about a half hour. So...this too shall pass!At the same therapy appointment that we got the collar I had our P.T. look at the back of her head because we still hadn't been able to put the helmet on her. She recommended we have our pediatrician look at it. So the next day we went up to the pediatricians office. She really didn't like the look of it and wanted us to go have a C.T. scan done of her head. So now my 7 month old baby has had an X-ray done of her neck and X-ray done of her head and now a C.T. scan! And you know what, she has not cried or even had a hard time with any of them! We were at the Plastic Surgeons office today and the C.T. scan was normal! What that means is no surgery! :) But her head shape is not working with the helmet that we already have so we have to have a new one made. I didn't want to be a bad person, because of course we will do what ever it takes to help our baby! But I was concerned over what the insurance company would say. But they are going to take care of everything! So this Friday we start all over again with a new mold of her head. So we were supposed to be half way done with the helmet now and are really just getting started. But again, this too shall pass! This is getting to be our new family motto! Thank you all for your prayers and support! We defiantly feel them and know they help!

4 comments:

Alicia said...

I am so glad she will not be needing surgery. What a relief for you guys. I am sorry that you have to "start over". Good luck let us know is you need ANYTHING!

Kristi said...

What a good girl!!! She is adorable. You are right in saying this too shall pass, and I am so glad that you are not going to get any flack from your insurance co. She's is my prayers.

stressedkris said...

She is a great girl!!! One thing I have learned from everything she will get use to all the hospital, doctors, pt and whatever faster than we do. Kimmie thinks doctors and nurses are her friends and she invites them all over for dinner and stuff. Maycie is beautiful! Let me know if you have any insurance trouble with any of it. I am really good at getting them to pay for what they need to pay for. Your family is in our prayers.

Becky said...

Sorry about all your stress, we love you guys.