Friday, June 26, 2009

9 Months Already!

It is so hard for me to believe that just 9 months ago we had just welcomed our little Maycie into this world. My labor with her was defiantly different then any of the others. There were a few complications but everything was fine. Now we joke that she just had to be born on Friday. All of the boys were born on a Wednesday and Emma had been born on a Friday, so she just had to be like her sister and hang in there until it was Friday!
Emma and Maycie are already good buddies! I am so glad they have each other. I know my sisters and I didn't always get along, but I always had a built in friend growing up, and now I am lucky enough to have best friends who have known me my whole life! I hope my girls get to have the same thing! Plus she has 3 big brothers who think she is wonderful! I love to watch the boys with her! It really does amaze me to see her face light up when they walk in the room. Now if we can just get them to understand the middle ground between giving their sisters what ever they want and torturing them to the point of tears! They have perfected that with Emma so Maycie just doesn't stand a chance!


Maycie has learned the art of being able to sleep anywhere doing anything! The other day she was fussy so I gave her her sippy cup with some apple juice. I went back to check on her a minute later and this is what I found! I think she was still drinking in her sleep! Now if we could just get her to sleep at church!

We are so grateful to have our little Maycie Jayne! I just don't know what we would do without her. Things have defiantly been different with her then they have any of the others, but is it ever the same?! We had her well visit today and I love our doctor! She always makes me feel so good. She was pleased as punch with how well Maycie is doing. You know you are at the doctors office alot when they know you on sight and with 5 kids we are there enough! We walked out to do her weight and height and the nurse says to me, "Oh my goodness the back of her head looks so much better!" I love visiting an office that takes the time to know who we are. Anyway it was a wonderful visit. I took the time to tell our doctor how much we appreciate her and how wonderful we think she is! She apparently had been having a week and seemed to really need to hear it. So I say take the time to tell those in your life how much they mean to you, even doctors need a pick-me-up some times!

Anyway, take the time to enjoy the moments that come your way because they are all too often gone faster then they should be! It seems like just yesterday we didn't even know what we were going to call our little baby and now she is making sure we all know she is our little Maycie Jayne!

1 comment:

Becky said...

Cute, Cute Cute!!! I can't believe she is 9 months old already