Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Another Blog!

Okay, I know you all must be thinking "Is she crazy?!" I think maybe I am! Like I don't have enough going on in my life! But this isn't just any other blog. I have started a blog about helmets. I am hoping that it will find other people who would like the help and support of being able to talk to others it can bring.
I know how helpful it has been to be able to talk to the few people I have who have done the helmet. I ran into them by chance at the grocery store and a school function. Jeron and I ran into a lady at the library who's grandson just got his helmet yesterday. Jeron started telling her how we were going to start this blog because we hadn't been able to find anything else like it. She asked for the blog address and I didn't have one yet! I came home and told Jeron that he had to help me get this started! Enough thinking, time to do!
So anyway, the blog address is: helmettherapy.blogspot.com. We gave it the title of: The Shaping of Innocence - There is Life After The Helmet. We could not have done this without the help and support of our family so I again turned to our family and talked to my mom and Jeron's mom. My mom kept coming back to that when it comes right down to it this is only a short period of time and there will be a life when it is over. My mother-in-law said that the three words that came to mind for her was shaping, innocence, and beauty. So we came up with the title. So we are helping our baby with the shaping of her head and it has to happen now, while she is so tiny and innocent straight from our Heavenly Father. But it doesn't take away from her beauty, and when you come right down to it we will make it through this and have a wonderful life when it is all over!
So there you go! I would really appreciate all of your help with getting this out there. If you know anyone who has had a child that did helmet therapy, who is now currently undergoing helmet therapy, or who is wondering if they might have to do helmet therapy let them know about this blog. Or even the neck problem torticollis (when the tip their head to the one side like Maycie did) or just a little flat spot that isn't quite bad enough for a helmet. I really feel like we could all benefit from each other!
Thank you again for everything you all do for us. I defiantly could not have made it through all of this without so much support from so many wonderful people.

No comments: