Monday, June 29, 2009

Walking in Each Other's Shoes

Okay, Stacy and Taylor gave me the book "I Am a Mother" when I had Maycie, and yes, I am still trying to finish reading this wonderful book! Anyway, I was just reading and finished a part titled "We are all Sisters." As I read this part I was amazed at some of the mean things she had been told that sisters in the gospel had said to each other! And then I started thinking about some of the things that I had probably said to others not realizing what it sounded like coming out of my mouth. Or even maybe things that I had said in frustration or yes even anger! I felt true sorrow and regret in my heart for the things I remembered saying knowing that there had to be at least 1,000 more I don't even realize that hurt someone.
I want to say to anyone reading this that if I have ever said anything that hurt you I AM SORRY! We are so hard on our selves we do not need to judge one another. I am sorry if I have ever made you feel judged or less of a daughter of God. I am amazed at the women I come in contact with everyday. I am blessed with two wonderful sisters who are two of the most amazing women I know and I am grateful to call them friends as well as sisters. Thank you both for putting up with me. We are so lucky that my brother married a sweet and wonderful women who I am proud to call sister. I hope I have made her feel a part of our family. I hope she knows how grateful I am to now be able to call her sister. I was lucky enough to marry into a family that I got an instant 5 sisters and then after Jeron and I had been married for 3 years we got another, and then just more then 3 years ago Jeron's brother Josh got married and we expanded the circle yet again! I have watched each one of these women with things they have been faced with that I am quite sure I could not have done. They are all amazing and wonderful women who have taken me into their circle and love me, and for them I also thank my Father in Heaven. I have wonderful ward sisters who made me feel at home before we had even moved into our home. They have taken me under their wings and have lifted me up. And believe it or not, I am not done. I also have a wonderful mother-in-law! From the day Jeron and I got married I was not a daughter-in-law I was another daughter. And what would this be without my mom. I would not be who I am today without my mom. She knew things about me before I did. When I was a teenager she could tell when I was reading my scriptures! The woman can read minds! She is not just my mom she is one of my best friends.
But I guess what I am trying to say is I know that at one time or another I have said something to everyone of these women that hurt them. Instead of lifting them I brought them down. I know my Father in Heaven must have wept over the things that I said. I am sorry and I ask for your forgiveness. I want you all to know that I am so grateful to have all of you in my life and I hope in the future I am able to help lift you up as you all do me! Thank you for all your love and patients! Love, Brook!

2 comments:

Connie said...

Thanks for sharing this Brook. You have never hurt my feelings, but you have helped me see a better way. Hopefully I will think twice before I judge another. I agree, we are all sisters and we need to look out for each other and give each other the benefit of the doubt. We are all trying our best. Let's all show a little more kindness, a little more patience, a little more love! Thanks for such a wonderful post.

Tarey Cornia said...

I love your blog and this post!!! You are so sweet. Also never offended me...but I'm sure I haven't always been as nice as I can. So thank you for this. I sure needed it. Cute blog!!! I've got you added now! It's fun to keep caught up with you. Love, Tarey