Sunday, July 11, 2010

Lacrosse!

I knew I was behind. I just didn't realize how behind until I downloaded the pictures off of my camera! So in an effort to get caught up here is a little overview of Connor's Lacrosse season!



One of the things that was so great about Connor playing this was that he finally figured out how to work those long legs!

Do you see Connor in between those two GIANTS?! He is defending against them! It was amazing to see his confidence grow!

On the run!


We had a game in Park City. It was a difficult game for many reasons. It was supposed to be on Tuesday and was cancelled because of lightning (the only reason they will cancel Lacrosse by the way! Thank heavens! They run around with long sticks after all!) and rescheduled for Friday. Only our team didn't find out about it until just a couple of hours before. Jeron wasn't able to be there. The weather was still yucky and so my mom kept the girls for me. Our coach ran out of gas on the way up and half the team got caught behind a really bad accident on the freeway. So...we had to forfeit the game. But had a scrimmage game for fun. The best part of that was the boys got to play positions other then the norm! He played goalie for a quarter! He wasn't perfect but he did his best! He even stopped a couple of goals! All with his body, but he stopped them!



In practice he displayed some natural ability for defense so they decided to try him on D-pole. The defenders have longer stick then normal. It is almost 6 feet long. They use it to keep shooters away from the goal. The first time he played defense was at the Woods Cross game. My aunt and uncle who live in Bountiful were able to come (their son is the one who plays for BYU and gave Connor his stick) and were able to help explain alot of things for us. At one point Connor was poking at the kid with the ball. I said, "He is poking him!" And my aunt says, "That is what he is supposed to do!" I have so much to learn. And Connor is going to make sure I learn it! He really loved it. It was good for him, it was good for our family! The season seemed to be over so fast, I can only hope football goes that fast!

No comments: