Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Brothers!


I have already said that our little family worked out just about as perfect as possible. The one thing is that 4 of my 5 kids have birthdays between September 26 and November 15! Poor Connor, stuck in March between mom and dad. The boys birthdays may not be all together but that hasn't stopped them from being good friends and great brothers. Don't get me wrong. They are not perfect and have bad days. They can yell and fight with the best of them! When they were little and we were moving a lot they always had each other. We have stories about paint and frogs and so many more I can't even remember! Most of them are about getting into trouble but what else would you expect from 3 little boys. We have gone from Connor wanting to do everything Jaxon did and Porter wanting to be in the thick of everything his brothers did to them coming into their own things.

Jaxon has done football for the last 2 years and has done really well. He is thinking about Lacrosse in the spring to have options High School.

Connor did Lacrosse this last spring and loved it! It was so good for him, in so many ways. I worried when Jaxon started talking about Lacrosse. It was kind of nice for Connor to have his own thing. But Jaxon going to Connor and asking for help was good for Connor.

Porter did football this year. He has only been asking to do this since he was 4! There was no question when I saw him in his pads for the first time that he was made for this sport.

Jaxon and Porter went to Lacrosse games and learned all about this new sport. Connor went to football games and has learned more about a sport he didn't care about before his brothers played.

Jaxon turned 14 on October 30, Porter turned 10 on November 15 and Connor will be 12 on March 4. That means in March I will have a Teacher and a Deacon with Porter right on their heals. I feel the weight of teaching them. I look at the things they are up against in this world today. The moment I found out Jaxon was a boy the Stripling Warriors became more then just a scripture story. I want to be that kind of mom! I want my boys to never doubt because they know that I know. I am so grateful for them and the joy (and stress =)) they bring into my life! Jaxon, Connor and Porter know that I always love you. Thank you for ... being you!

No comments: