Tuesday, November 30, 2010

So Much Blogging...So Little Time!

Things I should have blogged about and haven't:

End of July: Girls Camp!
I got to go to Girls Camp this year. Our Young Women's President was moving so we all knew a change was coming, just not what or when. So to have this time was amazing!
We had some rain - it only took me ALL day to dry out! The best part (as always) was getting to know the Young Women better. They even scared me so bad I would have wet my pants if I hadn't been coming from the bathroom! I think they are still laughing about it!
I was lucky enough to get to stay right where I was! I love these girls so much and am so grateful to get to work with them. I did have to leave early and miss testimony meeting which was hard because that is like the best part! But it was for a good reason, which leads us to...

Last weekend in July: Baptism Weekend!
Friday my sister, Megan's step son Jarom, was baptised. It was a wonderful evening! Jarom may have come into our family via marriage but he is no less a part of the family. We feel very blessed to get to be a part of his family!
On Saturday my other sister, Abby's son Corbin, was baptised in Lehi and down to almost the very same hour Jeron's sister, Becky's daughter Lizzy, was baptized in Tremonton. It was so hard for us to not go to both baptisms as a family but it was better to divide and conquer then to miss one all together. So we put the big kids names in a hat (it was decided from the beginning Maycie would go with mom) so that no one had to choose. Jaxon and Porter went with dad to Tremonton and Connor and Emma came with mom and Maycie to Lehi. I love both of these kids so much! What a wonderful problem to have, too many baptisms. And that we live close enough to be there!

End of August: Back to School!
I am a horrible mom and didn't really get any pictures this year! If you can believe it though, Jaxon is in 8th grade, Connor is in 6th and Porter is in 4th! Is is so hard to believe my boys are getting so big! Emma is going to the preschool at West Jordan High. The boys all did it and I love that Emma gets to do it too! It is hard to believe she'll be starting Kindergarten next year.

September: Skipping September right now you'll see why in later posts.

October: Eight years ago we had a lot of babies born in our family! Jeron's sister, Angie's daughter Hannah, was baptised. I was supposed to give my first baptism talk ever and ended up so late I missed it. I cried and cried! Luckily our family is so understanding and did everything they could to make me feel better! The most important part is the we didn't miss the actual baptism! We are so grateful for such a wonderful family, and that Hannah is a part of it!

November 1st: Christmas Music!
Are you kidding me? Now I know there are a lot of you out there who LOVE this and would have it start even earlier if you could. I have nothing against Christmas music. But I LOVE Thanksgiving! I love everything about Thanksgiving. The food. Turkey, mashed potatoes, pie! The family. Everyone together, enjoying each other. But most of all I love having a time set aside reminding me how much I have to be grateful for. Something I should be thinking about and remember all the time, I know. And I try! But I love the special time set aside to do so, especially right before Christmas. What a wonderful reminder of what this season is all about. The Birth of my Savior. That He came to this earth as we all did, a small, innocent, humble baby. He grew and lived a perfect life. He then provided a way for me to return to live with Him again through the Atonement. He suffered for my sins, He died for me and then was Resurrected, providing the way for us all. This I am most grateful for because it is what everything else is built on.
So, now that I have had my time on my soap box! Bring on the Christmas music and let's start a most wonderful celebration of our Saviors Birth!

No comments: