Monday, November 29, 2010

Sisters!


I have to say, if someone had asked me when I got married how I thought my little family would turn out I'm not sure what I would have said. I just know I didn't expect this! When people would ask Jeron and I how many kids we wanted we would both say 3 or 4 or how ever many the Lord sent us. Jeron was thinking closer to 3, I was thinking closer to 4 and the Lord sent us 5! I cannot imagine our family without anyone of them! I also think it worked out as close to perfect as it could for us!
The girls are 3 years apart and the best of friends. Maycie turned 2 on September 26 and Emma turned 5 on October 7. We were getting ready for the big bed move (Emma from a toddler to a twin and Maycie from the crib to a toddler) so I thought it would be fun for the girls to get bedding for their birthdays! I found at Target I could get matching bedding for a toddler bed and a twin bed! Maycie was very excited and started useing everything even before the big move! But even better then that was what happened on Emma's birthday. I had Emma's bedding in my closet, not hidden very well at all, waiting for dad to get home from work for the birthday celebration to begin. Maycie spotted the bedding and got very excited. Shew knew it wasn't hers but that it was just like hers! That meant it had to be for Emma. I got to spend the rest of the afternoon keeping Maycie from bringing Emma into my bedroom to show her! The moment Emma opened it Maycie was dragging her back to their bedroom to make sure Emma realized they matched!
I looked at the 2 of them and realized how grateful I am for both of them. They both love being a princess, playing dress up and just being with each other. Maycie looks at everything Emma does and wants to be just like her. Emma is a wonderful big sister who loves teaching Maycie how to do things. All I have to do is tell Emma that Maycie is watching her and she shifts into mega helpful mode! And with Maycie all I have to do is tell her Emma does something and there is Maycie wanting to do it too! (I really hope potty training goes this way! =)) I hope and pray they are always this close.
My heart is over flowing with love and gratitude for these two amazing spirits. I want to teach them to be strong and virtuous women who love the Lord. I am truly humbled to be their mom. I love you both very much girls. Happy Birthday to you both!

No comments: