Friday, January 7, 2011

Grandpa "Snowmobile" Perkins


On September 20 my Grandfather passed away. You may remember that he has been sick for a very long time. There were so many things that should have taken him. Heavenly Father had a plan for him, just as He does for each of us. And even with everything that happened to him, all the health problems he was able to fulfill his plan.

Grandpa had not been sealed to his parents. His sister is his only surviving sibling. The 2 of them were able to go and be sealed to their parents, along with their brothers who have passed away. My mom said she hadn't seen him so happy in a very long time.

I know it was a long 3 months and 3 days for Grandpa. It was the longest he and Grandma had ever been apart. And as hard as it was to loose both of them so close together I wouldn't have it any other way. They didn't even have to miss an anniversary together. It is strange to think of them gone. The holidays were hard. Years and years ago Grandma made an ornament for every member of the family for her tree. Last Christmas they gave them all to us. As we were decorating the tree this year and I pulled it out I just started to cry.

I have no doubt Grandpa had more then a little something to do with all this snow we have gotten this year! Their bishop shared one of his fondest memories of my grandparents at Grandpa's funeral. He was outside one day when Grandpa went flying by on his 4 wheeler followed right behind by Grandma! That's my grandparents, living life to the fullest, TOGETHER! We'll be thinking about you with every inch of snow we get! We love and miss you! Thank you for your wonderful example!

No comments: