Friday, January 7, 2011

Angels Among Us

I have to share a few of the blessings over the last few months. We all know that blessings come in many forms, but most often they come in the form of friends and family doing for us what the Lord knows we need. Sometimes, a lot of the time, it is even things we ourselves didn't know we needed!
I'm not quite sure how to go about a lot of these things. Because some I'm not sure who my Angel is and some I know the people would like for their service to be kept a secret. So bare with me as I go about my "Thank You's" as best I can!
I was talking with a neighbor not long after Jeron lost his job. She asked how things were going and we talked about it for a minute. And then she looked at me and said, "Well, we are praying for you!" And I knew it was true. I had felt those prayers. I sat in a presidency meeting as I listened to my friend say the closing prayer and get choked up with emotion as she prayed for our family.
I have had a friend show up at my door on numerous occasions with a drink in her hand and a smile on her face! Ready to talk or what ever else I might need. Who has bailed me out time and again and again and again!
We got a card in the mail with the address and all other writing done very carefully so as not to be able to recognize the handwriting with $200 in it.
A Bishop who told me to just accept the Sub-for-Santa another ward wanted to do for us. Which made our Christmas a little too good!
For a Gift Card from a cousin for way more money then the favor I had done was worth!
For all the prayers. For all the visits. For all the words of encouragement. For all the listening ears. For all of you who have picked me up when I have fallen I say Thank You. I know it is not much, but I want you to know I will do my best to follow your example and to be there for another when it is needed. To do as the Lord would have me do, just as you have done!

2 comments:

Ang said...

You deserve it. You are a great woman and I know the Lord tries those he loves.

Tammy said...

I had no idea!!! We really need to stay in touch better! Since it has not been too long since we where in your shoes I completely know what you are going through. But I am so glad that when the lord closed a door he opened a window and poured out the blessings. We love you guys and you are in our prayers.