Tuesday, February 1, 2011

I Will Try To Do Better!

I have to say I know there are running jokes out there about blogging and how it takes over peoples lives. And I'm sure, like anything else, it could definitely go that way! But I think I have forgotten a little bit of why I blog. From a fairly young age I have written in a Journal. My Grandma Harrison gave me my first when I turned 8 years old. Family history and personal history are very important to her and I will always appreciate her example. It took me a long time to fill that first Journal because I didn't start out writing on a regular basis. Like most things, it took time. I got better as a Merry Miss (boy I am dating my self, aren't I!) and just kept going from there! My Journal became my every day confidant. Every night before I could go to sleep it was scriptures, Journal, and prayers. The only real exception from this was spending the night away from home!
I remember when I got married and started struggling to find the time for my old friend. I had decided when I was a Laurel that I would start a Journal for each child when I found out I was expecting. That was a wonderful experience for me. But again, with 5 of them to keep up on I struggle! So this is why I blog! It is my Journal, my confidant of sorts. It is our family and personal histories. When I do find the time to write in the kids Journals I go to the blog so that I can remember what I need to write about for that child. And for many of their birthday blog entries I have gone to that Journal to make sure I remember correctly!
I love keeping up on what is going on in all of your lives. The family I don't get to see as often as I would like. The friends that between my kids their kids, distance, etc. we just don't get to see/talk to each other as much as we would like. It helps me feel connected and a part of things.
This last Saturday we had our Stake Relief Society Conference. It was WONDERFUL! I almost didn't go. Jeron has to work on Saturday's right now and so I left the kids on their own. I knew that meant coming home to a mess and I just wasn't sure I was up to that. I am so glad I went! One of the classes I went to was about time management, what is really important. This is something I have really been struggling with as of late and was very excited for some "new" advice on how to make more hours in my day! I didn't learn anything really new. It was all things I had really heard before, but Saturday I HEARD what I needed to hear for my life right now! I was reminded I need to make more time for the "essential" things. And as a couple of ladies were joking (maybe not all the way joking) about making scrap booking an essential thing I thought about my blog. My poor neglected blog. I have all of December's post running around in my head and just have not sat down to do anything about it! I have been wanting to start a weekly post (this will be coming soon! I promise!) for MONTHS now and just have not taken the time to DO IT! And I know that I could let it go too far and take over my life but I felt very strongly that I need to do more blogging. I need to make sure this family history has been kept. It may be kept better at some points then it is others but I WILL KEEP IT! This is my promise! And we'll try not to go over board! =)

1 comment:

nate_clarlaw said...

I look forward to your new zest for blogging! Can't wait to read some new posts! :)