Friday, February 11, 2011

Christmas 2010!

Christmas this year was maybe a little too good! We really did have a wonderful season and felt the blessings of the Lord in our home.
Christmas Eve PJ's!
(Thanks to Grammy!)
Maycie was very tired by this point and didn't want to stand in her place! This was about as good a picture as I could get this year!

Like I said before, Christmas might have been a little too good this year! Even though I tried to tell our Bishop we didn't really need the help he called me to repentance and told me we were going to take the help, and like it! =)

The help came from another ward. When they called to talk to me about what kinds of things to do for the kids the Brother that I talked to was very nice and very in tune with the spirit. He told me things that the Lord knew I needed to hear. He told me they had a list of a number of families and they could only do a few of them. He then went on to tell me that he didn't know why they needed to do this for our family, only that he felt very strongly that they did need to do this for us.


Our 12 Days of Christmas from Grammy & Papa K

Porter got this huge Nerf gun!

Emma & Maycie got bunk beds for their babies and a baby to go with it!

Jaxon got a PSP (Play Station Portable)!


Maycie with the baby bunk beds!

Connor got a rib stick!
He has been wanting one of these for YEARS and was beyond excited to see this with his stocking!

The amazing thing is how we were taken care of, not just with the Sub-for-Santa, but with everything. Things that should have cost us a small fortune we got for beyond cheep or for free. And just when I would be out of ideas for what I could do for one child the right thing would just fall into place. Not one of my boys would ask for anything this year. At one point I did ask Porter and he told me, "just things I need mom." Like what? "Oh, socks and underwear. Things like that."
It was wonderful to see them be taken care of and to see them show so much gratitude for what they have. To see that they really know the difference between needs and wants. It was wonderful to see how the Lord took care of us and then some!

1 comment:

Megan said...

I love how sensitive your boys were to it all. Imagine a kid asking only for things they NEED! I tell you, THAT is when you really want to get them something totally frivolous! You are certainly doing something right with those kids!