Friday, February 11, 2011

12 Days of Christmas! (2010)

We did 12 Days of Christmas for our kids again this year. It is something my mom and dad started doing for us and in trying to start new traditions for our own family we decided to take a few things from each side of our family and make them into one of our own. So, we start with PJ's (my side) and end with an ornament (Jeron's side).

I was going to make the PJ's this year. Really, I was! But then I couldn't find the material I wanted. I found out they don't make it any more. I had even talked to my mom about using her sewing machine (mine just would have thrown fits at me doing that much at once!) and everything! But I just waited too long and then found out that PJ's were on sale and I could get them cheaper then the material would have cost me! So I caved and bought them again! But I'm going to start in July this year and make them! Or that's the plan any way! =)

We had a hard time finding ornaments that we really liked. (And we did start looking early for these!) I just couldn't find the right thing. And then my mom did it for us. She made an ornament with my Grandparent's wedding picture in it for each family in her extended family and then for each of her grandchildren. Jeron and I decided that was better then any ornament we could have bought for them!

Everything else was just stuff, but it was still a fun thing for all of us and great way to start the Christmas season off!

No comments: