Sunday, June 19, 2011

Fathers Day 2011

I'm not sure what time it was this morning that I woke up. It took me a minute to realize what had woke me. As I lay there a moment to get my brain working I heard Maycie talking to her daddy. I heard her explaining that she could not get back to her snugly (a blanket that she sleeps with) and her bed. She was not calm about it, in fact she was quite upset. I don't know that anyone else would have been able to understand her, but daddy did. Daddy understood her perfectly.
I almost jumped up to help her. After all it was Fathers Day. Then I stopped. Jeron's side of the bed is closest to the door but most of the time Maycie will still come around to my side of the bed. There was something in Jeron's voice that I could tell it was one of those mornings he was more then happy to get up with her and help her back to bed. Yes, it was Fathers Day. But I know that Jeron loves being a dad more then anything. And I knew he knows things like this are what it means to be a dad! He chooses his work schedule to go in early in the morning so he can be home in the evening for practices, games and family time. He has started getting up at 5am to exercise and read his scriptures so he doesn't take away from family time to do those things. He sacrifices so much for us, and it is what he lives for!
I am grateful for him and the wonderful father he is for our children. The example he sets for all of us! I am grateful for the good example he had growing up in his own father. And that good example that Grandpa Tom still sets for us today. I am grateful for the example of my own father. That he taught me in a way so that I knew what to look for in an eternal companion. Someone just like my dad. A man who respected and upheld his priesthood. A man who loved his family more then himself and would work crazy long hours to support his family if that is what it takes. A man who would love my family as his own and expect me to do the same with his. A man who would teach his children to put the Lord first in all they do.
I am grateful for all of the fathers and father figures in bot Jeron and my life, who have taught us and helped us become better children of God. Thank You, more then words can say! We love you!

No comments: