Thursday, February 25, 2010

What Have I Done Today?

Okay, so this hasn't been just today! I wish I were that good! Anyway, I have finished my first adult hat! Actually I have now done 3! I think they are turning out really cute! Kinda late in the year for this season but I am trying to think ahead for next year! I am looking into a boutique in Layton that would be the beginning of May. I have to apply to get in. They take applications and then take about 44 vendors of their choice so they don't have all of the same thing. Knowing my stuff would be mostly going out of season by then my mom suggested trying a thinner headband that would be better for summer! I did and have been using them on my girls and I love them! As a part of the application for the boutique I have to show how I would display my work. I have a neighbor who did a board for her daughters bows and it sounded like just the thing I needed so I have done a couple of those too! And now you all know why my house is a mess! Let me know what you think!

Adult size hat!
I think I might actually wear one of these next winter! And for those of you who know me you know I HATE hats! =)



The lighter weight headband!
I put Maycie in one almost everyday now! I even want to make one for myself!
I found some pastel pink in the right crochet cotton to make these!
Is that something people would be interested in?

Board #1!
Both boards are 16X20 canvas.
On this one the ribbons run up and down the 16in side.
So it is wider...

On this board the ribbons are running up and down on the 20in side.
...and this one is taller.

(Thanks for the fabulous idea Megan Rees - neighbor who gave me the idea and all the help with the ribbons Megan Fewkes - my wonderful sister! I am so lucky!)

I should know in the next couple of weeks if I get into the boutique! I will keep you posted and in the meantime I would love some feed back! =)

3 comments:

Becky said...

ADORABLE!!!!! I hope you get in the boutique.

MamaBug said...

Super cute!! Good luck!

Ellen said...

I think they turned out really cute. Godd luck, I hope you get in the botique.