Tuesday, March 10, 2009

You know you're old when!







Okay, I had a you know you're old when moment this month! We got our first washer and dryer over 11 years ago! We have been really lucky that in all that time nothing has happened to either one. This last summer, not long after we bought our house the washing machine started leaking water. We knew at 11 years old it probably wasn't worth fixing. While we figured out what to do I was lucky enough to have my mom's house close and a really great neighbor next door to do my laundry! A friend of Jeron's from work was able to give us a washer and we were all very grateful to have a washing machine again. Especially the boys! No more hauling laundry all over the place for big prego mommy! As nice as it was to have a washing machine again my dryer was still on it's last leg. Jeron told me that if the tax return was good enough we would look at getting a new washer and dryer! Well tax return came and I found a deal on KSL that we just couldn't pass up! I got a Bosch Nexxt 500 Plus series pair for about what the washing machine alone would normally cost! I couldn't believe them! The first day I had them I got as much laundry done as I normally got done in a whole week! The only draw back is I still have to fold it all! You should have seen how excited I was! It was a tad bit silly how excited I was over a washer and dryer! I know I am old to be that excited!

1 comment:

Tammy said...

Oih no you know that you are old when washer and dryer get you this excited! I had my own excited moment when I got my front loaders in August for about the same reasons. And like you I can't believe how much laundry I can do at one time, although its putting it all away that gets me it gets done so fast that its hard to get it all pout away!