Wednesday, November 4, 2009

The 100th Post!

Okay, so is it a bad thing to do a post about a post? What is the blogger etiquette on that?! Well, I guess it doesn't matter, because I am doing it!


I realized about a week ago that I was getting close to 100 posts and told Jeron I was going to do this and he just laughed at me! I know I'm silly but that is what you all love about me, right!


I remember when I started hearing about blogs and totally not getting what they were and why you would have one or check someone elses on a daily basis! And then Jeron's sister started one and he would come home telling me all about what was going on with her family because he would check it at work. And then we got an invite from another of Jeron's sisters to her private one and that is how they announced another baby coming!


As we approached the end of the year last year I started thinking about doing a family letter and sending it out with a picture. What a good mom I am. That is all Emma and Maycie got for a birth announcement! Then I started thinking how fun it was to be keeping up on what was going on in the everyday lives of others. I love Journal writing and scrap booking and decided to give the blogging world a try! As it turns out I LOVE this whole blogging world! I totally get it now! I love the scrap booking fix it gives me (for free! What a bonus!) and how it puts my wordy Journal keeping talents to work! I love how starting a family blog help me find an outlet to find and help other people who are going through the whole helmet and torticollis thing! (If you haven't and would like to check out my helmet blog at: http://helmettherapy.blogspot.com/ Our therapist even told me today that she sent a patient there and it helped them to decide to do the helmet! I love that now if I get behind (okay, not if, but when!) I get behind on my kids Journals I can go back and look at blog entries and not forget anything.

So I guess this entry is a thank you to all of you out there who take the time to read my blog entries, even the silly ones! A thank you to all of you who have let me into your lives through your blogs. So here's to my 100th post and to 100 more!

4 comments:

novidiac said...

Blogger etiquette, schmlogger metiquette!... WAY TO GO!... of course I do post about posting!.. I did a 100 blog post... and I said I'd do a 1000 post.. but as I approach 500... I'm thinking I might break down and do one then too! :-)

I think it's great that this outlet works so well. I might not have these memories chronicled otherwise. As for your helmet blog. Wonderful. I wish I'd had something for Craniostenosis 8 years ago, either to help me or to be my outlet for understanding.

Megan said...

You are so awesome Brook! At least my poor baby gets an experienced mom to watch her every now and then! I have no idea how many posts I've done! Did you just count them up or does it tell you somewhere? Hmmm...maybe I ought to go check my own blog!

Becky said...

I am so glad you started blogging, it does help keep up with the journaling :)

It is also much easier to catch up on what's going on in your family. On a phone call my kids are yelling in the background and I can't hear anything anyone is saying. I can just read about it all while everyone in my house is quietly sleeping :)

Brie and Jeff said...

Happy 100th! Thanks for writing-I know it takes time. I love the updates.