Sunday, November 15, 2009

9 Years Ago...

9 years ago today we welcomed our 3rd child and our 3rd boy to our family! Porter was a little bit of a surprise for us. Jeron was right in the middle of school we weren't in a house and knew that was still a ways off for us. I was just SURE we had to be in a house before we could have 3 kids! In the months leading up to finding out Porter would be coming to our home I had several experiences to prepare me. So even though it wasn't OUR plan I knew it was our Father in Heaven's plan and I was so happy and excited to be expecting another baby! I was, however, a little surprised to find out it was another boy! After we found out we asked Jaxon what we should name him and he told us Connor! When we told him we couldn't have 2 Connors and we named off the boy names we had talked about we stuck Porter on at the last second. It wasn't a name we had talked about this time but had been thrown around with Connor. Jaxon jumped on it. Jeron and I both knew that was this little guys name!
The day Porter was born was about like his brothers! Getting him here was not really any different then the other 2 boys had been. I think the biggest difference were the weeks after he was born learning how to take care of 3 kids instead of just 2! I'm sure that sounds kind of funny, but as I have looked back on the birth of all of my children my odd numbers have been when I have had more adjustments to make!
Porter was an amazingly good baby! In fact I remember taking him into the doctors office for a well visit and at the time I was nursing and feeding him formula. His weight was a little lower then it had been and she asked how much formula he was getting. I told her and she said he could probably have more so we upped how much he was getting and he sucked them dry! He was so go with the flow that he just took what ever we gave him and was happy with it!

Porter's 1st birthday!
Porter and his brothers! Built in best buds!
Porter has always been ready for the camera and more then willing to pose for a picture!


Porter loves to joke with all of us! He always has a smile at the ready and will do almost anything to make someones day better!

Porter loves to play in the snow! He also loves playing with Ty (our dog) and if you can put the 2 together all the better!

Porter loves being a big brother! I was worried about the big break between he and Emma but, as it turns out there was nothing to worry about! There was a bond there from day one!

To be a big brother once was great but Porter was lucky enough to get to do it twice! He loves Maycie so much! She will never have to worry about a protector because Porter will take down ANYONE who messes with his sister!

Last year was a very special year for Porter! He had been waiting for that baptism for a very long time! It was a wonderful day. It is still hard for me to believe we are a whole year past it.
I am so grateful for Porter and the spirit of love and joy he brings into our home! He is one of the 5 most wonderful surprises Heavenly Father has ever sent me!
Happy Birthday, Porter!
We love you!

2 comments:

Megan said...

Alright I admit it. I got a little teary-eyed reading that post! It gave ME a chance to get to know an important member of your family a little better! I hope my baby is good for you today!

Brie and Jeff said...

Happy birthday Porter!