Monday, May 17, 2010

Be Strong!

This weekend we had Sake Conference. It was a wonderful weekend of meetings! Jeron had Priesthood Leadership on Saturday afternoon. I was supposed to have the girls bathed and ready for bed before he came home and we went to the Adult Session. That didn't happen so it fell to Jaxon, well the getting ready for bed part! I didn't make him bathe them! =) I felt a little stressed getting out the door but Jeron knew that would be the case so instead of coming right home he ran and got a pizza for the kids! We got to the meeting a little early so I had time to just sit in the chapel and get myself ready for the meeting to come. That is always so nice! It was a wonderful meeting. I felt uplifted as a parent and as a Young Woman Leader!
Our ward was one that was asked to attend the afternoon session. I have to admit in the past we would have gone to the morning. This time the youth from all the wards attending their session were asked to be in a Youth Choir. That meant that Jaxon needed to be in our session! And then a friend got asked to speak in our session! Well I knew I couldn't miss that (she did a wonderful job - by the way)! It was nice to have the morning and we sure used it. Jaxon needed to be there half an hour early and it was so nice out we decided to walk. I set a goal to be out of the house by 11:00 so we would actually leave by 11:15! I couldn't believe it, we walked out of our house at 11:05 and were seated in the chapel by 11:15! For the first time in my married life I sat IN the chapel for Stake Conference! It was wonderful! Even being there 45 minutes early my kids all did really well through the whole meeting. The theme for the meeting was "Putting on the Whole Armor of God" and we were asked to have a Family Home Evening on the subject before Stake Conference. Of course we didn't get that done but Jeron and I had decided we would do it after. We are having to do FHE on Sunday evening right now because of Jeron's work schedual. So to help the boys pay attention and to have a more productive FHE we made sure they each had something to take notes in. This is something we have tried before but it has never worked as well as it did this time. They were quiet, and took really good notes. It made for a wonderful FHE!
The song the Youth Choir was asked to sing is called "Be Strong" We found out not long after I was put it they would be singing it. It became the opening song for Mutual opening exercises every week and then it became the opening song in YW every week so that the kids would KNOW IT! Well, that means that I know it too! The song is amazing and I know if the Youth will listen, really listen to the words and feel the spirit that comes with them they will be keeping their Armor of the Lord strong! If you would like to hear it click here for the link! If you would just like to know more about our church and the things that we believe please click here!

2 comments:

Kristi said...

I LOVE that song, and I love to hear the Youth sing it. It is truely a testiment of the strength that they posess. Thanks for the post. Glad you got to enjoy Stake Conf.

Alicia said...

Do you have the words?