Friday, May 7, 2010

Blogging Backlog: Emma's Hair!

Okay, so it has been WAY too long between blog posts. I have so many to catch up on it isn't even funny! I will do them in order as best I can remember! =)

About 6 weeks ago I was combing Emma's hair and noticed one side in the front to be shorter then the rest of her hair. It was such a small amount of hair that I think she had actually done the cutting a day or two before and I just hadn't noticed it. But at the same time it was enough in length that we couldn't just leave it. I called my mom in a panic! I wasn't sure if we should just cut it off or blend it in. I love having a mom who knows about these things! I got over there and we decided her hair needed a good trim anyway and so we were better off just cutting off to the length she cut it to. It wasn't really that short to me and I think it looks way cute at this length (sorry Em, you got moms hair!). It is so much easier to take care of too! The hard part was when people would see it they would tell her how cute it was. That didn't do much for teaching her a lesson about cutting her own hair! She loved it at first too. Now, however, she is missing her long hair and being able to pull it up into ponytails and such! She said as much to her friends mom (this same friend had done the same thing to her own hair about a week before Emma) the other day. She looked at Emma and said exactly what I was thinking, "Well, Emma, you shouldn't have cut your own hair then should you?!"
It is a good thing Heavenly Father makes them cute!

1 comment:

novidiac said...

it's such a girl thing.... I remember panicking when Sarah cut hers. Mackenzie cut too, but she cut her brothers instead of hers... I've not had any boys who tried.

She does look cute though.