Thursday, September 24, 2009

Am I Ready For This?

Last night Jeron and I went to our first Jr. High Parent Teacher Conference! I'm not sure when I got old enough to have a 7th Grader. I was so worried about this change for him. He has always loved school even when he has had a hard time with it. Every year I was just sure that would be the year but it never came! I was just sure that there was no way we would make it through Jr. High! But I guess when you have 6 A's and 1 B+ you can still like school! It doesn't hurt when all the popular kids seem to be your friends and the girls are making up nick names for you so they can talk about you because they like you. He has the cool kid nod down to an art already. I have to say that I am so glad that all is going well for him so far. I'm just not sure if I'm ready for all of this stuff yet. The last 13 years have gone way too fast. He is a good kid who does his best to make the right choices. When he was faced with a conflict between football and a choir for the Priesthood Session of Conference he made it a matter of prayer and found a way to make it work. I hope he always keeps the Lord in on his decisions.
I am so grateful and feel truly blessed to have such a wonderful young man as a son. We told him last night he has set the bar way too high! He has to do well because now we know he can do it! Keep up the good work Jaxon!

1 comment:

Ang said...

I totally know where you are! It's so weird and fun to see your kids grow up! He's a good lookin' kid and it sounds like he's a really good kid. I'm not surprised! I bet you are such a good mom! I wish we could get together and let our kids hang out - it would be so fun!