Thursday, September 3, 2009

"THE WEEK"

Okay, so in the last 3 weeks we have had so much going on I don't think I have hardly sat down, little lone actually look at the computer! When I did have time I couldn't find the cable to get the pictures off my camera to blog about! Those blog entries will come so this is just a brief overview of the things I don't have pictures for!
I felt like I was finally getting football under control when I started watching a couple of kids from my ward. Made for a crazy Thursday but no big deal! And then "THE WEEK" happened!

MONDAY:
The Monday before school started I started watching another baby from our ward. She is about 6 months younger then Maycie. They will be in the same grade of school and her mom and I have decided that they are going to be the best of friends and so this is going to work out great! (I have her on Mondays and Thursdays)
TUESDAY:
Tuesday was Jaxon's first day of 7th grade! Can you believe it? No, because I have no pictures to prove it! That is because that morning we turned on the camera and it wouldn't move past the start-up screen! After Jeron spent $60 on a new battery and charger this last spring because I insisted that we didn't need a new camera because "all we needed was a new battery and a charger and that is so much cheaper then a new camera" and now... I know, I know! But anyway! He really did start 7th grade and I wanted to cry all the way home! They have the 7th grade come a day before the rest of the school so they can find all their classes and kind of figure things out without having to do it with the rest of the school! It was pretty cool! Then after all that they also did a "Back to School Afternoon" instead of Back to School Night.
The same Tuesday was Emma's first day back to dance, again I promise it really did happen! She looked so cute! It was fun to watch them! She gets to do it with Skippy again (I don't know what we are going to do when we have to move on to a new teacher!) and her little friend Kylie is in her class too! Tuesday's are going to be a little crazy because we have dance in the morning and then Preschool in the afternoon! We like to keep things moving around here!
WEDNESDAY:
Wednesday Connor and Porter started school. I am pretty sure that this is not the first year I don't have pictures for, but for some reason I feel more guilty about it! I guess I will get over it! They have jumped right back in and are loving being back in school. Emma was sad to see them go. The hardest part about starting on a Wednesday was that she didn't have anything to distract her!
THURSDAY:
I was really worried about Thursday because the first two weeks I had the other kids my boys had been home to help me! But things went really pretty smoothly. We start the day off at 7:15 when baby girl comes. The hardest part of that is then Connor and Porter have a hard time getting ready for school because they want to play with the babies. Right after she got there we realized Maycie had poop. We didn't get very far into the change before we realized that we were going to need to run a bath! Then Jaxon got out the door about 7:30 (thank goodness for Carpool!) and then Connor and Porter at 8:00 (after the constant "are you ready yet?" for 45 minutes!). And then about 9:30 my other two come. A little boy the same age as Emma and a little girl that is about 2! They are both so cute! He is in Emma's preschool class so after lunch we put little girl and baby girl in the double jogger and Maycie in the front pack a preschooler on each side and we head off! I have to look crazy! But if we do it right little girl is fast asleep when we get back, and will even stay asleep for at least an hour! Then Maycie goes down and baby girl gets her lunch and goes down too! I don't know what I would do without good neighbors! When it was time to go get preschool I called my next door neighbor and she came to my house and sat with sleeping babies! Before I could get there though another wonderful neighbor knew how crazy it was going to be for me and had the preschoolers for me! And then she says to me, "why don't you just plan on me bringing them to you on Thursdays!" And I have had others offer since! I really have wonderful neighbors! Jaxon had a scrimmage game and so when all the little ones had been picked up the kids and I headed off to meet up with dad and Jaxon for football! When I got to the field there was like no parking left and I thought I was going to have to hike about forever and then I spotted an awesome parking spot! The boys got out and took Emma and the other things I needed them to while I got Maycie in the stroller. As I was walking away I hear someone holler at me. I turn around to see a VERY upset lady yelling at me to move my car! When I asked her why she just told me to move it. Then I turned around the stroller too and we started back with me asking again, why do I need to move my car? Do you know what she said to me? It was in front of her house! What? Now for those of you who are my neighbors you know what we have had going on in our neighborhood. I know it is truly annoying to have all this traffic, even if I don't have to deal with the worst of it! But on the other side of the coin I was NOT blocking her driveway I was just parked in front of her house. There was no red curbing and there was no fire hydrant. I wasn't doing anything wrong and VERY contrary to normal I said "I am not moving my car. If I get a ticket then I will deal with it." She then says, "Well, I will call West Jordan then!" I still didn't move my car! I couldn't believe it! That is so out of character for me! Of course when I calmed down enough to talk (it took everything I had not to march out on the field to tell Jeron what I had done!) I went to a dad on our team who is a County Sheriff and told him what had happened to make sure I didn't need to move my car! He said I was fine and I calmed down a little! But then right at the end of the game a cop does show up! She really did call the city! I couldn't believe it! He pulled in to the circle where I was parked, right up behind my van! This dad gets up and starts "walking around" to check stuff out for me! When he came back to report what was going on it came out that I had parked in the circle nose in first. His eyes got really big and tells me that I actually could get a ticket for that. Always right side to curb! CRAP! Then he looked around some more and tells me that there were at least 6 people in the circle parked worse then me! I thought, well if I do get a ticket Jeron will gladly pay it just because I stood up for myself! When the cop realized the game was almost over and things were going to clear out he just left. The best part was when I got back to the van the ladies next door neighbor was outside and asks me if something happened at the game because he saw the cop. I very humbly told him that it was my fault. I shouldn't have parked there because there was no room to park right side to curb (and if she had told me this I would have moved!) I told him that his neighbor didn't like me parking in front of her house and so she called the cops on me. He looked at me and told me not to worry about it because they usually have a HUGE trailer parked right where I was and that she was probably mad because I had taken her parking space! I am glad I stuck up for myself and didn't back down when I felt I was right. I will never forget the right side to curb rule again (it came flooding back from drivers ed the moment he said it!). And I have to say I will NEVER park in front of THAT ladies house again! Moral: be willing to stand up for yourself when you feel you are right, humble enough to admit your mistakes, and NEVER, EVER forget your drivers ed training!
FRIDAY:
Friday wasn't actually all that eventful, I just couldn't get anything done! Last year the middle school had early out day on Wednesday. I was kind of looking forward to that. But the district couldn't leave well enough alone! They decided to implement a district wide late start Friday. Are you kidding me? So we have Jaxon starting school at like 9:50 in the morning and Connor and Porter getting out at 1:15. Talk about chopping up my day! It really through me and I couldn't get anything done between naps and the weird school schedule! But don't you worry things picked up as soon as kids got home from school! I had a certain amount that had to be done so the fact I hadn't made good use of my time while the kids were at school was really bad. Jeron had scout stuff going on and so I had to be home ready to turn the van over by 5:00. I really needed to be home by 4:45 because I was taking my friends little girl for her and she needed to drop her off then. I didn't pay enough attention to the time and missed getting home by about 10 minutes. Unfortunately I forgot to tell Connor that she would be coming and so instead of saying she is going to be right home he just told her I wasn't here and shut the door! I got home and was beside myself! (That means I did alot of yelling!) Jaxon decided to escape the freak out and suck up to me by fixing the problem and going to pick up my friends daughter! Needless to say, all of the kids went to bed fairly well for me that night!
SATURDAY:
Jeron was up and out the door by 7:30 for the scout thing again due to arrive home just in time to go with Jaxon for team pictures Saturday afternoon. We had the day all planed and even though it was hectic and crazy it would work. Porter had a flag football game at noon and Jaxon had team pictures at 12:40. I would take everyone but Jaxon to Porter's game leaving Jaxon to be ready for dad as soon as he got home. About 11 Maycie thought she would see what she could do to throw a monkey wrench in things and threw up all over me! I called over to my mom's house and my brother answered the phone and made the mistake of asking how I was doing! It all just came pouring out! Before I could say anything about needing help he asks what time he needs to be there! I have THE MOST AWESOME FAMILY! I got Maycie's bath done and down for a nap and actually got to take a shower myself! Right after Maycie threw up one of the boys looked at me and says, "mom you need to take a shower!" Really? Never would have known without you boys! In a way Maycie calmed my day down! She slept for FOUR hours! I felt bad about not being to Porter's game but he was pretty excited about Uncle Tay getting to be there! They even got to ride in his "Cool new car!" That is a direct quote from Emma! She wants Uncle Tay to take her everywhere now!
SUNDAY:
Sunday was pretty normal. Maycie was feeling much better! She didn't throw up again. Church was fairly uneventful! Uneventful church is good church! Later that afternoon we got to go back to our old ward. Some friends were blessing a baby. She was only a couple of weeks old but her parents were still here from Rhode Island and they wanted them to be able to be there. The really fun part was they got a new bishop and so we got to be there for that too! All of them wonderful men! I was really touched with how humbled the new bishop obviously was by this new calling. The spirit was defiantly there to testify to all that these men were truly called of God.

I think the Lord is trying to tell me to slow down or something because even though my story of 'THE WEEK" should be over I can't stop there! This last Tuesday Emma woke up about 4 in the morning with a temperature of 104! She climbed into bed with us and you might as well have put an oven in the bed with us! I got her right in thinking this had to be a bladder infection. Our doctor was out of town, but I trust every doctor in that office! But there is just something about seeing your doctor, you know! Anyway later that morning she did start a funny cough. And all of the cultures came back negative for a bladder infection (I still think there is something up there too, but...) all we can come up with is that she has some kind of virus. We are on day three and we are down to a whole 102 (yesterday it was 103!) and if she is still running a fever tomorrow we get to go back! I had to call both the families that I baby sit for and tell them they didn't want their children to come to my home today. She still has that funny cough. What is so funny about it is that she only has it when the fever is high. As long as she is on something she has no cough! And I promise, all I am giving her is Tylenol and Motrin! I asked the doctors office about that and they were like, yea that is weird! So if anyone has heard of anything like this let me know!

Anyway, there are the highlights! Like I said, I do have other things I want to blog about that I do have pictures for! I have gone through withdrawal not looking at all of your blogs! I had alot to catch up on! I'm glad you are all good parents and take pictures of your kids! :) I hope to get this figured out and continue to do it all! I'm sure I will! We always do, right!

1 comment:

Tammy said...

Oh Brooke I am so glad that you survived! You are a super woman for trying to babysit others children and still try and take care of your 5! I hope that your second week is better, my kids started a couple weeks ago and this is the first week that I feel like I can breathe!