Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Saturdays = Football!

Saturday was a very exciting day for our little household! Porter had a break from Flag Football this week because of the holiday weekend. It was kind of nice because we knew there was no conflict with Jaxon's first game. It was a 9am game which means we had to be there at 8! It was a small taste of what we have to come weather wise for football and I was very happy we had bought a "Sports Brella" (thanks again Sissy!). It kept the weather out quite nicely. Our boys did a wonderful job! It was like all the teaching moments began to click and they made a touch down in the first 3 plays! They won 27 to 7! GO JAGS!
We took the opportunity of being done with football so early in the day to relax! We ran some errands in the afternoon that took longer then we planed and we weren't home when the BYU football game started. OOPS! When we got home Jeron went right down stairs to the huge TV that came with our house (it was the boys favorite part and all they wanted to show people when we first moved in!) to watch the game. I was in the kitchen working on dinner and could hear most everything Jeron was saying to the boys. As I listened I realized I was hearing something that I had dreaded my whole married life and at the same time made my heart burst with pride! He was taking the opportunity of watching a college game to show Jaxon some of the things he has been trying to teach at practice. All 3 of the boys were listening intently and doing their best to learn the finer points of football. Jeron has watched football games with the boys before. I am sure he has even tried to teach them about it before! But there was something about listening to it this time. I realized that I have truly lost my boys to this sport that their daddy loves so much. Connor still isn't interested in playing football. He wants to do La cross instead. That is just fine with dad because I think he would love to learn more about this sport himself! But he was even listening and doing his best to learn what his dad was trying to teach.
We were all very excited to get to watch a game that was such a good one! I have to say it was a wonderful "teaching" game! At the very end I was in the kitchen making Strawberry Freezer Jam and didn't get to see it. I could tell it was very exciting and had to keep yelling at them to tell me what was going on! They were all so into the game that they kept forgetting to tell me! I have to say you can't ever count out our Cougars! A good lesson for us all. If you give it your very best and never ever give up anything is possible! GO COUGARS!

No comments: