Monday, September 28, 2009

Maycie's First Birthday!

With all of the others we have always been able to do some kind of party on their birthday. With football games and the Relief Society Broadcast a party just wasn't going to work on Saturday. So I decided we should do something just our little family! I had no idea it would be so hard! So finally at 8:30 that night we had a little family birthday party for our 1 year old! It was wonderful and she was a hoot!

I totally stole my sister-in-law, Becky's idea and we made a #1 with cupcakes! We didn't get them frosted but Maycie didn't seem to care!

We didn't even make it through the song before she was getting a cupcake off the tray!

That might have been a mistake because she didn't want to open her present!

She even cleaned up her own mess!

We finally did get her to open her present! And she is really enjoying it!
By #5 there wasn't a whole lot we "needed" for her. We really weren't sure what to get her. At our last visit to therapy I asked our therapist what she would recommend and she gave me a few ideas. So we got her something that was more then just really cute it will help her with her therapy too! :) I really should have taken a picture of what it was not just the box sorry!
It's called a Little Garden Bench. It will give her the up down help she needs and already seems to be helping her. It won't be long before I am chasing her all over the neighborhood with all the others!

3 comments:

Becky said...

She is so cute! Bryan and Katie's birthday parties have both been at 8:30pm this month too. I should have known better then to have babies during football season. They are never going to have normal birthdays :)

Megan said...

Oh that cute baby Maycie! I'm so excited to be chasing after her and Afton for the next few years! They are gonna be best friends! I love your blog! I'm excited to have another blog to check!

Brie and Jeff said...

Happy birthday Maycie!