Sunday, September 20, 2009

One Hard Fought Game!

I am still trying to figure out how to get my son in the pictures I take at his football games! I totally think I have it and then look at the picture and he is nowhere to be found! So no pictures!

This was a hard game before we ever go to the field, and didn't get any easier. This was the week Jeron had been dreading since the beginning. It was the week we played Jordan. We played Jordan at Hunter so I think that might have been better. At least there was no turf problems! Jeron had been warned before the game started that the ref's had been calling EVERYTHING and then some! So at least we had been warned, but that didn't really help us! There were some really hard calls and we as spectators were not always taking it well. The ref gave us a warning about it and the coaches questioned it, some a little more enthusiastically then others (Jeron did a really good job controlling himself. I was very proud!) and they gave us a penalty! Jeron figured we had between 80 and 100 yards in penalties. They were for everything under the sun, from off sides to block in the back. Most of them really silly the boys are 12 for heavens sake! Like I said, who we were playing was only the beginning of how hard this game was! Our boys played their hearts out did a very good job holding them. Jaxon did awesome in defense! Just when it would look like we were going to score they would call some kind of penalty and there went that TD! Right at the end of the game (I mean like the last minute!) we completed a pass half way down the field. Next play we completed a pass in the end zone! Touch Down, finally! (I still expected them to call it back for some reason!) We didn't get the extra point. Kick off, game over! I am not kidding!
When I asked Jaxon how he felt like he did he told me he felt really good about how he did on defense but not so good on offense. I was surprised and so was Jeron. He was like Jaxon you did a great job on both! In fact he did so good that he played the WHOLE game! I am not kidding! My mom asked me if that was because dad was a coach, and I can honestly say it had nothing to do with it! In fact Jeorn would be the first one to pull him for ANY reason! Just to make sure no one could say that! I really think he gets better every week!
Final score: WJ Jags 6 Jordan Beatdiggers 0! Third win first shutout! For a C team made up of 19 boys (only 4 boys had played tackle before) I think we are doing pretty well! Keep up the good work Jags!

1 comment:

Becky said...

Great Job Jaxon! We had some yucky reffing at Colby's game on Sat. too. On our offenses first play we ran the ball in for a touchdown and they called it back for blocking in the back on #53.

I had a photo of the block since I try to keep my eye on #53 and it wasn't in the back, it was on the shoulder. The ref told the coaches if it's not chest to chest it's illegal.

Judd and I were really glad the game turned out so good (20-0 for us even with the bad refs). We would have hated for Colby to feel responsible for our only touchdown getting called back. Thank Goodness we made 3 more :)