Friday, October 30, 2009

13 Years Ago...

13 years ago I became a mom. It took me days to refer to myself that way! I know that sounds weird that I referred to myself as Brook to my own child, but I had been the older cousin and babysitter for so long it was weird to call myself mom. It didn't take long!
I remember feeling like I had been in labor for about 6 weeks! I started having contractions at about 35 weeks and we were just sure he was going to come early. I went in one week begging my doctor to start me. It was my first baby and they had to give me until my due date to see what I would do on my own. Over the next week I heard every horror story under the sun about inducement. I went in 2 days before my due date and he was willing to take me ON my due date! And being the idiot that I am, I had to say no! Jaxon's due date was 2 days before our 1st wedding anniversary and when I found that out in the begging I thought, "As long as the baby doesn't come on our anniversary. I want us to have our own day!" Then I said no to the doctor and was over due (just by 2 days, I know I'm a big baby!) and totally miserable! Lucky for me my doctor didn't want me going too far over so 5 days over due I went to the hospital to have a baby! They got me going about 10am and about 5pm I was holding my baby boy!
He was perfect! He was 8lbs 6oz and 20in long! This was back when it was only a 24 hour stay and so Jaxon got to come home on Halloween! I remember getting home and having kids come Trick-or-Treating to the door! I felt so bad we didn't have any candy!



2nd snowmobiling trip. He was more afraid this year then he had been as a baby!


Jaxon's 3rd birthday!
This year Halloween was on Sunday and so we did Trick-or-Treating on his birthday. We had the cousins dress up and took them to a few houses at his party! It was then that he started telling us what he wanted to be for his birthday instead of Halloween!
Jaxon and Megan!


Jaxon and his 1st "best friend" Josh!
Even though Josh and his family have moved away (at times as far as Canada) he and Jaxon have stayed good friends!

They even have baby sisters the same age!

Jaxon and Emma!
Jaxon was ment to be the oldest child! He is the best big brother anyone could ask for. He is helpful and a good example. He has always had a special bond with Emma. It might have something to do with praying for a sister for almost 7 years!


Jaxon and Maycie!
This was less then a week after Maycie came home from the hospital. It was the night of Jaxon's first Priesthood Session of Conference. I think Jaxon prayed so hard for a sister he got 2!



It is hard for me to believe that I have a 13 year old! It seems like just yesterday they put him in my arms and I could hardly think of myself as a mom! He has grown up so much and is so responsible. I can count on him for so much. MOST of the time he does what I ask him to without complaint.
He is doing so well in school his doctor nearly fell out of her chair when we were in last week. I don't have to remind him to do homework or when to get ready for football practice. He always does his best to be a good example to those around him and to do what his Heavenly Father would have him do. Now if we could just get him to be that way with his chores! I guess he can't be perfect!
We are so grateful for you Jaxon and our family would not be the same without you!
Keep up the good work!
Love ya!

1 comment:

Judd said...

Happy Birthday Jaxon! Wow Brook, now you have a TEENAGER!?!?!