Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Four Years Ago...


Four years ago today I got to go to the hospital knowing I was coming home with my baby girl! There had been a longer break between Porter and little Miss Emma then we had planed. It was a little bit like the first all over again! Everything went pretty much the same as with all the boys. The thing I remember the most as being different was how fast after I actually delivered that the boys were able to come in and see us! I delivered at 3:12 and they were all coming in to see us by 3:30!

My first memory of seeing Emma was how chunky she was! She was 19 in. and 8lbs 4oz! Her face was round from the day she was born. Her hair was so dark and curly. I know no one would believe me now! No one would believe me by the time she was a few months old! But I promise she did have curls when she was born!

We waited to tell the boys we were expecting until we were ready for the whole world to know! Having another baby was something we had been praying about as a family for almost 2 years. We had talked to the boys and told them that if we wanted Heavenly Father to bless our family with another baby we needed to tell Him! They took us very seriously! Especially Connor. We even had his primary teacher ask us if we were expecting because Connor was praying for a baby in every prayer he said! We told them as an Easter present by giving them an ultra sound picture! It took them a minute to understand it was OUR baby! After we found out Connor and Porter were pretty insistent it was a boy (mostly Connor) and Jaxon (he had been praying for a baby sister since Connor was 2 weeks old) was pretty sure it was a girl. I was a little worried about Connor accepting a baby sister until we found out it was a girl. From then on if he ever saw anything pink he insisted baby Emma NEEDED it!

After she was born I think the only thing Connor said for about 2 days straight was "She is so cute!" Jaxon and Porter were right there too! She had them all wrapped around her finger from the day she was born! Not one of them could stand to hear her cry. I still don't know that they realize the monster they have created! She still thinks they should do everything she tells them right when she tells them! I keep telling them that they are doing it all over again with Maycie but I'm not sure they care!

When ever we have anyone tell us how spoiled she is going to be with all those big brothers Jeron just tells them "it is okay, she'll never be able to date!" I'm not sure he is kidding either! I'm going to have to sneak her out of the house!

She has grown up so much in the last little bit! She has defiantly made the transition to big girl. It is hard for me to believe she is 4 (going on about 24)! A girly girl from the very beginning. Shoes and purses are a must have and you can never have too many! I need to pull out my beads because she keeps asking for a new necklace and then looks at my beads!

I love this little girl so much! I hope I am able to teach her the things she needs to know to be able to return to her Heavenly Father. As least I have been able to teach her that I love her even when she is naughty! That is one of her favorite questions! From time-out, with tears in her eyes: "Mommy, you love me even when I naughty?" I just hope she understands that her Heavenly Father does too! It's not okay to be naughty, but she is still loved!

P.S. Emma's baby pictures are stuck on our other lap top and it didn't want to let them off! As soon as we figure out how to get them off I will do a post with baby pictures, 'cause you so need to see them! :)

3 comments:

Tammy said...

Not to mention we made sure that she was a very well dressed girly girl. I am afraid that I might have perpetuated the huge wardrobe girly thing, hehehehe

Alicia said...

Happy Birhtday Emma!! We love you!

Megan said...

What a cute baby she was! She really is a remarkably beautfiul little girl. And I love knowing she's right there helping my little Afton be a girly girl too!