Thursday, October 22, 2009

Two More Losses and Out of Playoff's

Jaxon's game two weeks ago was against Riverton. The game started out great and they seemed to have a real momentum going. My mom called and I told her that if they wanted to come this would be a great game to come to! They were doing so awesome! Jaxon recovered the ball on a fumble on the kick off and got us the ball! He was on fire!
After the half we started to loose the momentum some how and Riverton took over. I think it is my fault! I was bragging them up a little too much I guess! Jaxon did a really great job the whole game (I am not just saying that because I'm his mom!) and ended up getting another fumble recovery! And did his best to help keep the team fired up. In the end Riverton won. It was another hard loss for these boys. Winning the first three games didn't prepare them for what they would face with some of these harder teams who have been playing together since they were 8.
I decided the only way to make sure I get pictures with my boys actually IN them is to take pictures while they are warming up! Jaxon is the one hitting on the left, Jeron is standing on the sled (hey Jer, what do you call that thing?)

Getting fired up!

Now we just need to find a way to keep that fire!

Last Thursday Jaxon came home from school telling me he was sooo... tired and went down to his room and slept for the next 2 hours! When I informed him he would be missing school the next day I was met with despair and argument (shouldn't it be the other way around? Despair and argument when I tell him he HAS to go to school) "Mom, it is almost the end of the Quarter I can't miss now!" Wow, what a good kid!

By Saturday the fever was basically gone but we banned him to the basement and told him NO football. :( Connor had run a fever on Friday as well so they both had to miss Porter's last game. After Porter's game Jeron, Porter and I went up to Bountiful for Jeron to coach and Porter and I to cheer the team on in Jaxon's absence. It's really too bad Jaxon was sick because they really could have used him on the line. We got there late because of Porter's game and we were already down by ALOT! The line was falling apart and so was everything else. But then they found the fun! We still didn't win, but they didn't let them shut them out either!

They are a great group of boys and I'm glad Jaxon has been able to be a part of it. Two games left. Here we go Jaguars here we go!

No comments: