Monday, October 26, 2009

Wheeler Farm (and the BIGGEST pig I have ever seen!)

This last Friday the girls and I went to Wheeler Farm with a friend. It was a nice day and perfect for an outing! We went to feed the ducks first and the geese were, to say the least VERY hungry. They wouldn't leave us alone! We decided to go on the wagon ride and see some of the other animals and try back with the birds. It did not get any better when we came back. The girls didn't really get to feed them because they couldn't break the bread apart fast enough. Even when the bread was gone they kept coming after us! I was going to try to get a video clip of them but was too busy running away while pushing a stroller so I got these pictures instead!


You can see it in there eyes that they want the food that we have and they will go to any length to get it! I have to say the girls all handled it really well! And I don't remember the last time I was so freaked out AND laughing at the same time!

There was a mommy pig with her piglets! We got to see them get the piglets out for some outside fun! Emma really loved the piglets. Maycie loved everything! She couldn't quite pointing!

This is, without a doubt the BIGGEST pig I have ever seen. The picture does not do it justice! It kept moving around or I would have had Emma and her friend Kylie stand in the picture too to have something to compare with. The girls really enjoyed the pigs, all of them!

Emma and had fun driving the tractor! She thinks she is so big! Do you think she knows that the steering wheel is as big as she is?!

4 comments:

novidiac said...

Those geese look very intimidating!!
Love getting to Wheeler farm.. always a fun time especially when there are little baby animals.. so cute!

Tammy said...

LOL Well I would like to say that I have not seen a pig that big- But in the Country we raise them big! We ourselves had 4 that where over 400 lbs. But the parents of ours where bigger! So Yep I have seen a pig bigger than that!

Tammy said...

LOL now look at me exagerating it was just 3 pigs not 4!

Becky said...

What a fun fall outing. I use to love field trips to Wheeler Farm when I was little.