Monday, October 5, 2009

Busy Saturday!

I normally love Saturdays in the Fall! Especially when they are rainy and cool like this last Saturday! I love to lay in bed a little longer then I can other days of the week - that is if my kids will let me - and catch up on some TIVO with a cup of hot chocolate! But with the boys playing football we have not and will not have a Saturday like that for quite some time!
As busy and hectic as this Saturday was it was all good things! Jaxon's game was at 9am, 1 of only 2, and a good thing it was too! (Read blog entry: Do They Hear The Things We Teach?) And Porter's game was at 10am! So dad and Jaxon left for Jaxon to be to the field early while the other kids and I were supposed to get out the door just in time to get to the game. So much for that! We didn't leave until 9 because of a missing cleat! When will they learn that I tell them to put things away for a reason?! We were playing Bingham and so we knew it was going to be a hard game. I got there between 9:15 and 9:20 and we were already down by like 21 to nothing! Total bummer! I stayed and watched a little too long and then took the wrong way to Porter's game and got stuck in construction so he was REALLY late for his game. They have all started RIGHT on time and so I was totally flipping out and feeling really bad we were getting him there so late! He was late but for the first time they had started our game a little late and so he wasn't as late as we thought!
They both played really well! I missed all of the good plays in Jaxon's game because I had to leave. We actually got a TD! We have 4 boys on our team who have played before and that is the first time any of them have ever scored against Bingham! And we are still in the running for playoffs. Up until this week we were tied for 1st place! So I don't know if this just drops us to 2nd or 3rd but they are still giving every one a run for their money! Porter did really well too. I think being late kind of threw him for a little bit. He really has a natural talent for this sport and is going to unstoppable as he gets older!
Dad and Jaxon made it to the end of Porter's game, thanks mostly to it starting late! Unless he is helping on the side lines he follows up and down the field to have the best view. This week was no different! He got right up there so Porter knew he had made it! What would I do without such a good husband/father? And then we all headed home listening to the end of Conference! We got Maycie down for a nap and then Jeron took me for my hot chocolate! What a good hubby! Then he headed off to have a friend help him with his car. The blower motor still isn't working and so he has no heat or defrost! I came in and sat down on the bed for "just a minute" and the next thing I know Jaxon is waking me up asking what he should have for lunch! AHHHH! He needed to be at the stake center in an hour and we didn't have anything good for him to eat! Off to Wal-mart to get him something high in protein HE will eat (my mom says I deserve him!) and back home in time for him to eat, get dressed and to the stake center by 2pm! Whew, one more thing down!
And then off the Target for birthday presents for Maycie and Emma because we were doing parties with both Jeron and my families on Sunday! Home so I could see Jeron for just a minute before he headed to the Conference Center to see Jaxon - we got one ticket for dad! And then off to Costco for the things I forgot when I was there on Friday! Back home to get Connor and Porter and then off to Grandma Sue's to be with cousins during Priesthood Session! Then the mom's went to Target (thanks to Aunt Melissa for staying home so I could leave Maycie too). Shopping is so much more fun when you are with other people! I had no idea I would be going to two different Targets on the same day but so worth it! We didn't even leave Target until after the session was over! Jeron AND Jaxon beat me home!
You know, for as much as I LOVE those lazy Saturdays this Saturday was a pretty great Saturday! Don't get me wrong! I WILL enjoy a lazy Saturday too when football is over, but in the mean time there is nothing I would rather be doing then seeing my children doing well in the things they love and making the choices their Father in Heaven would have them make!

No comments: