Saturday, October 31, 2009

End of Regular Season

Today was our last regular season game. And I have to say we went out with a bang! We didn't win. We played Alta and we knew from the beginning they were going to be hard. But being the last game the boys were ready to have a good time and let that be enough!
Jaxon had an AMAZING game! While he was playing nose guard he broke through the line (that was HUGE by the way!) and made the QB throw the ball away! More then once I saw him zero in on a kid and run faster then I realized he could! He ended up with 3 tackles today! The last kick off of the game the ball came right to Jaxon he picked it up and ran it! I started screaming! He got to run the ball! He moved it about 8 yards and broke off about 3 tackles! It was wonderful!
As we were leaving we saw a boy from our neighborhood and I asked him how he had done. With a huge smile on his face he said good! Then I asked if they had won and he said no. But you could tell he didn't care about that, all he cared about was he felt good about how he had played. After Jaxon's team was done talking and we were on our way to the car I asked him how he felt he had done. And the reply was the same. He felt good about how he had played and that is all that matters to me.
Regular season is over. I am so grateful that we didn't have to deal with a major injury. We are going to Jag Bowl (a fundraiser we do for any teams who don't go to play offs) so we will have games the next 2 weeks. If they can relax and play like they did today I think they will do pretty well!
Thanks Jags for a wonderful season! Jaxon, keep up the great work and have fun!

No comments: