Thursday, May 28, 2009

4th Grade County Report!

In the 4th Grade my kids get to do a report on a County in Utah. Connor chose Weber. This is a big deal and counts for a good portion of their grade. They have to do a report, an oral report, maps, and some kind of art project. For his art project Connor chose to do a diorama of Snow Basin! He didn't have to tell me much for me to know he had a very clear picture in his mind of how this was supposed to look! When he told me he wanted to use clay I kind of wanted to cry! We had alot going on this week and not enough time to do it all in. But I knew in the end it would be alot easier to go get the clay and turn it over to Connor then it would be to try and talk him out of it!
Not that you can tell from the pained look on his face (when I told him to smile he told me he was!) He had a ton of fun doing this part of the project! I wish he had been able to do the whole thing this way! It would have been so much easier on my part!

You can't tell in the picture, but there are grooves in the snow for snow boarding. Making sure there were trees on the snow covered mountains was very important to Connor! Oh, and in case you were wondering the blue ones are blue spruce! Very good job Connor, I am so proud of you!

No comments: