Thursday, May 28, 2009

Ty's Ponds!

The other day Connor had a friend over to play. She and Connor get along quite well and actually are very good for each other. My next door neighbor had come to the door and on his way over he saw the two of them "playing" in the back yard. He tells me that the two of them are digging holes in the back yard. It had only been about 10 minutes since I had been outside, I didn't think it could be that bad. I was wrong! I got out there and find they have dug 2 fairly good size holes and have filled them with water. When I asked what is going on they tell me they where making PONDS for Ty (our dog). I am now thinking that I can either have a total fit in front of Connor's friend or I could see this for what it was - two kids trying to make a doggy happy! And if you could have seen my dog! He was so very happy! And boy, can these two kids make their faces look innocent!

So I decide I will just come outside and keep an eye on them. I set up my chair in direct line of sight of them and get my Ensign. Apparently I paid a little too much attention to my reading because the next thing I know I look up and both of them had one shoe and sock off and were putting their feet into the muddy holes! It looked like they had a brown sock on! So I ran in the house and got the camera! By the time I got the camera Connor had rinsed his foot off so you can't really tell but his was just as bad as hers! I was just sure I was going to get a phone call because I sent a daughter home such a mess! Thanks for being so understanding Cheney's!


Maybe I didn't get mad enough. I guess we'll see. If he does something like this again I'll know I didn't! But I had a very vivid memory of a time when I was a kid and my sisters and I starting out making mud pies and ending up COVERED in mud from head to toe! Of course we were all in white shirts! It had started out innocently enough - I promise! But at a time when my mom totally could have lost it instead she got out the camera and took a picture of us! A wonderful lesson that I have never forgotten. I hope that is the lesson that Connor took away from this! By the way mom, thanks for not killing me and teaching me that sometimes you just need to laugh! Love you!

1 comment:

Alicia said...

The other day my kids were in the back yard pulling weeds. I was in the back room of our house getting some work on the computer done. I looked out the window and Zac's hair was a different color, it was the color of drying mud!! And I could see Braden winding up to throw something... Sophie had the hose and was chaseing the boys. They were all covered in mud. I thougth about you. I went out got the hose from Sophie and started showering them off, and I laughed really hard while I did. You saved my kids! :)