Saturday, May 16, 2009

Helmet # 2 - Week 1!

Week #1 of the new helmet is behind us, and I think she has already worn this helmet more then she ever wore the other one! The new helmet is going really well! We had a one week check with Fit Well (that is the place that made the helmet) to see how it was fitting and it went great! You can already see and feel a difference in the back of her head. I took pictures of the front of her head before we got the new helmet but didn't think about taking one of the back! I know, can you believe me?! Anyway, with this much improvement in just one week there is a really good chance she could be almost done with the helmet by the time we go back to the Plastic Surgeon in June!

We had talked about putting these cute vinyl flowers on the other helmet and just never got them on. I am so glad we didn't. They are so cute! I would have hated having to do it again! I take that back, I would have hated having to make my cute sister Megan do it again! I am so lucky to have so many people taking such good care of me!


She really is doing well with all of this. The pad really seems to be making the difference that we needed. It gets a little red, but it goes away within a few minutes. I am so glad this is all working. She is doing well at therapy too. We may even be able to cut back to just once a month! Thanks again for every one's support! We couldn't do it without you!

1 comment: