Thursday, May 28, 2009

Pinewood Derby!

It is that time of year again, and can I say I am glad it is over! I am such a bad mom! But what do they think they are doing to me? On top of TWO pinewood derby cars we had Connor's County report and Jaxon's Country report! AHHH! Talk about OVERLOAD! I am a bad mom, I know it! But I do have to say it was fun!
Right before we left to go over to the church we had wheel problems with Connor's car and weren't sure we were going to even be able to race it! Talk about STRESSED OUT! But Connor said a prayer and I have to say it wasn't 5 seconds later Daddy had it worked out! Heavenly Father even cares about Pinewood derby cars! This was Porter's first Pinewood Derby. He had so much fun! Neither car was even close to the fastest. In fact Connor's came in dead last every heat. But he didn't care! It was racing and crossed the finish line!

All the boys had a blast. There were some parents who got a little heated over placing, but none of the boys seem to care one bit! It made me so glad I was not in charge this year! I had horrid flash backs of right before we moved and Jeron and I as Cub Masters got to be in charge of the Pinewood Derby!

Connor's second Pinewood Derby and Porter's first! It is so much fun to get to do it with your brother!

This is Porter's car! His "Mustang"
This is Connor's car! Also a "Mustang"

No comments: